Monday 5 July 2010

Hyderabad ke chichore potte aur khubsoorath pottiyaa ..khuda hafiz !

For the den-(no)-zens of Hyderabad, the title means"Good bye to all the naughty boys and beautiful gals of Hyderabad"

It is difficult to love the city that you live in, a city that you roamed about for two years. But it is even more difficult to leave it. With just one week left for me in this beautiful city that introduced me into the professional world, the feelings are of a mixed kind. Though I haven't converted myself into a "Pukka Hyderavaadi laundey" (A perfect Hyderabaadi youngster) in the two years, to part ways is indeed becoming an emotional affair. I am on my way to Chennai for a new job and the feeling is good to be back at home full-fledged, after 6 long years. The downside of it is bidding goodbye to the best years of my bachelorhood. The two years after graduation have introduced me into a truly cosmopolitan lifestyle in this city which is indigenous in its own sense.

This week would be my last one in Hyderabad and I have a bucket list of things to do before I leave. I will miss all the 'maal' that the city provided me with as I am going to barren terrain on the "masth maal hai re" front. To mark my last weekend here, I did a few things from my to-do list, like the Cafe Nandini coffee and meetha paan. The icing on the cake was my best friend's visit on this last weekend. This guy made my day. I had the perfectly lazy agenda for his visit and we managed to do nothing but eat, sleep, drink and football.

I would definitely miss the Madhapur jalsas, New year highs, paradise biriyanis, chutneys lip-smackers, mana ammayilus (eligible Hyderabadi spinsters), late night masala chai, the completely useless traffic police (who have managed to milk only 230 rs. for my TN registration bike over one and half years of its usage. With TN police the number would have touched 4 digits long back.), north indian jinglis, telangana maniacs, rayalaseema warriors, colorful telugu movies, bramhanandam comedy tracks, rockview apartments, neela residency, babulal (owner sahib), Hyderabadi language, a concept called winter (Chennai does not have a season called winter), the number of audis, mercedes', BMW's, volkswagens that flood jubilee and banjara hills, a high sex ratio on the company roster (I am moving to a highly testosterone driven workplace at Chennai), Karachi bakery biscuits, road side chat bhandaars, double ka meetha (a speciality Hyderabadi dessert), tastey foods kothu barota, mutta veechu parotta, hot rotis home food, front seats on the share autos and a lot more. But the icing on the Hyderabad piece of my cake has been and will always be my wonderful time with him, him and him, my dearest room mates.

It is tough to bid khuda hafiz to the numerous friends that I have made here-at work and outside. My friends at work place who have shaped me into a professional and people outside who have given me company for all the typical bachelor matters.

But I am looking forward to many other new things in Chennai for I am going back after quite a long time. First day first shows for all tamil padams, Besant Nagar beach, ECR drives, paruppu, vatha kozhambu (Sambar variety made out of tamarind), melagu rasam, thair saadam, mom's love, radio mirchi, tamil kulavilakkus,Satyam cinemas, murugan idli shop, saravanaa bhawan, isaiaruvi (tamil music channel), sun music, adithya(tamil comedy channel), sirippoli(-do-), relatives, car driving, t nagar shopping, various kalyana sapadu menu items in brahmin marriages etc.

Nevertheless, It is time to say adios to a really beautiful city that I will never forget.

Aiderawaadi Bhai jaan, Milthao Yaaro!!!

14 comments:

raghu said...

dei first bid a good bye to this black background and white font combo...my eyes are literally burning when am typing this...and the after effect of reading the post i am seeing lines on this white text area ala ruled page.

Unknown said...

@raghu: lol da....will consider this a priority request and resolve it asap. Software Engineer vaazhga!! :-)

Unknown said...

Bug Resolved!!!

nalini said...

ore unarchi pizhamba irukkiye.... anyways dont worry... even though a short while it would have given you the exposure of a new place, new people, new language etc etc... but enna sollu pirandha veedu pirandha veedu thaan....but i am sure you would have nice memories of this period of your life....

nalini said...

n thanks for tutoring me...:-)

Unknown said...

@Nalini Mami:

That's really true. It introduced me into a new world altogether. Enna irundhalum namma Singara Chennai, Singara Chennai than!!Looking forward to being back at home for some home food, family reunion etc.

Psittacine said...

dei dei...romba decenta sila matter sollirukke... So naanum decentave mudichukkaren...believe me...after living alone...coming back home is going to be a "LITTLE" difficult..haahahaha... good luck with that..

Unknown said...

I am aware of the "little" difficult things in life. But we live in a globalized world. I think I can manage the transition without hiding a lot of the bachelor in me. Let us wait and see :-)

Unknown said...

BTW, I am waiting for some post on your blog. I can see a picture and that's about it. Kick off soon please. :-)

Mani.. said...

Paasa kara payaley irukiye da...
anyway.. englayellam maranthudathey...... :)

Mani.. said...

Paasa kara payaley irukiye da...
anyway.. enayellam maranthudathey...... :)

Unknown said...

@Mani: Onna epdi da marakka mudiyum...Bottle Mani...Bullet Mani...Rowdi Mani!!!

Anonymous said...

[url=http://aluejxfttk.com]rFhUJwZopO[/url] - pWTbRaVYzL , http://pyfnknfrtw.com

Unknown said...

NEED A LOAN?
Ask Me.

Here comes an Affordable and Legit Loan that will change your life for ever, I am Dave Logan a certified loan lender, I offer loan to individual and public sector that are in need of financial Assistance in a low interest rate of 2%. Bad credit acceptable,The Terms and Conditions are very simple and considerate.You will never regret anything in this loan transaction because i will make you smile. Email: (daveloganloanfirm@gmail.com) have you been looking for a quick and legit loan online why don't you try Dr. Dave Logan loan company and be free from debts note getting a loan from this company is 100% assured and guaranteed. for the bible says””Luke 11:10 Everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened”.so do not let these opportunity pass you by because Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever more.


We have provided over $50 Billion in business loans to over 25,000 business owners just like you. We use our own designated risk technology to provide you with the right business loan so you can grow your business. Our services are fast and reliable, loans are approved within 48 hours of successful application. We offer loans from a minimum range of $10,000 to a maximum of $800 million.

Do you find yourself in a bit of trouble with unpaid bills and don't know which way to go or where to turn? What about finding a reputable Debt Consolidation firm that can assist you in reducing monthly installment so that you will have affordable repayment options as well as room to breathe when it comes to the end of the month and bills need to get paid? Dr. Dave Logan Loan Home is the answer. Reduce your payments to ease the strain on your monthly expenses. contact us via Call/Text: +1(501)800-0690 Email: daveloganloanfirm@gmail.com

Our services include the following;
Truck Loan
Personal Loan
Debt consolidation loan
Car Loans
Business Loan
Student Loan
Mortgage Loan
Refinancing Loan
Home Loan
Improvement loan
Construction Loan

Please if you are interested in our financial offer and delighted, do not hesitate to contact us if urgently in need of our service as they will be required to complete the following information to begin with the process of your loan therefore ultimately.

Yours Sincerely,
Dr. Dave Logan
Call/Text: +1(501)800-0690